Here you can answer a short poll/ checklist on integral innovation. If you would check ‘yes’ on all the points listed, you can declare yourself as an ‘integral innovator’. It means that somehow, intuitively or purposefully you came to innovate or manage innovation in an integrally informed manner. If not, you may want to have a coaching session on the missing points and ‘unconnected dots’. If so, come back here after filling in the checklist and contact me.
- Do you, as a leader of this innovation initiative, believe that you and everybody else in the company is creative?
- Does everyone in the company believe she or he is creative?
- Does your initiative explicitly show and is linked to a bigger than business drive or purpose?
- Does your initiative explicitly somehow targets at solving others’ (clients’) people lives?
- Is there a complete transparency of the initiative mechanisms and processes within the stakeholders?
- Is there a mix of people (race, gender, age, expertise, experience, etc.) involved in conducting or executing this innovation initiative?
- Are these people exchanging and sharing ideas, hints, solutions, questions, problems with one another?
- Is the innovation initiative somehow ‘open’ to all its stakeholders? (do the clients, employees, suppliers, shareholders have an input in the innovation initiative?)
- Does this innovation initiative make use of instruments to elicit or stir innovative and creative thinking (specialized workshops, lateral thinking, brainstorming sessions, incubation, etc.)?
- Is there an innovation framework in place, clear to anyone? (processes, resources, teams, deadlines, rules, etc.)?